Suffering from a missing tooth can be very troublesome if you are self-conscious about your appearance. Not only that, but it also causes chewing and speaking problems. If ignored for a long time, then your teeth might become misaligned, and the can be issues popping up in your jawbone. You can choose to fill up that empty space in your mouth with an artificial tooth, but you cannot complete that procedure without a dental implant. It’s made from medical-grade titanium and ceramic materials making and strong and long-lasting. Once the implant fuses with the jaw bone, it makes a strong foundation for the artificial tooth that can match your natural ones. You can contact Richmond Dental Calgary for more details; meanwhile, read on to find out how dental implants Calgary can help in restoring your natural smile.
Types of dental implants
Generally, there are two types of dental implants used. One type is known as endosteal, and the other as subperiosteal. Endosteal implants are commonly used as they are placed in the patient’s jawbone. On the other side, subperiosteal implants are suited for patients with inadequate bone height or any client who cannot wear traditional dentures. Your dentist will select what type will be ideal for you, depending on your physical condition.
These implants can be easily placed
You might think that instilling a dental implant, involving implanting a prosthesis into the jawbone, maybe a complicated surgery; it’s not. The procedure is relatively straightforward and pain-free. Your dentist will surgically make room for the implant, and once that is, the gum will be stitched back in. During the healing process, the implant fuses itself within the jawbone and afterwards, a dental crown or an artificial tooth is placed in that space. Overall, the procedure has a success rate of 98%, and anyone who is in reasonably good health and has enough jawbone to support the implant will not face any problems.
Advantages of dental implants
Other than restoring the natural appearance of your smile, dental implants offer a large number of benefits that you can reap. Have a look below:
- Improved speech: With dental implants, you will be able to speak better without worrying that your tooth may slip. (This can be an issue if you have poor denture fittings that have been used)
- Comfort: As dental implants fuse with your jawbone, it eliminates the discomfort of removable dentures.
- No more chewing problems: If you have been fitted with sliding dentures, they can make chewing difficult. With fixed dental implants, you can say goodbye to your chewing problems and eat everything you love confidently and without pain.
- Boost in self-esteem: Alongside restoring your natural smile, dental implants can make you feel better about yourself and thereby give your self-esteem a necessary boost.
- Better oral health: Unlike dental bridges, implants do not require reducing your teeth; because of this, more of your teeth remain intact. This leads to improved oral health. Also, individual dental implants allow easier access between teeth and improve oral hygiene.
- Long-lasting: Dental implants are made from medical-grade titanium, and with a little bit of care, they can last you a lifetime.
Can my insurance cover the cost of dental implants?
Ideally, your medical plan should cover the cost of dental implants. You can contact your insurance company to know if they will offer coverage or not. Afterwards, you can discuss it with your dentist as well. Richmond Dental Calgary offers affordable and flexible payment plans for their clients, and they are partnered with several reputable insurance companies in the country. You can contact their team to resolve your queries.