At Richmond Dental, each of our doctors has at least 15 years of experience in the dental industry.
Our office uses the latest and greatest dental technology to ensure the comfort of our patients.
There's no need to travel around Calgary to get the treatment you need. Visit Richmond Dental today.
Our staff members are caring and compassionate. Come by our office and see the difference!
Our practice offers dental services ranging from cosmetic tooth-whitening to simple essentials such as teeth-cleaning and maintenance to full restorative dentistry using implants, overdentures, crowns and bridges, veneers, and lumineers. Our dentist in Calgary offers orthodontic treatment for adults, as well as children, and fit patients with sports, snore, and night mouthguards.
Further, we are skilled in performing root canals, removal of wisdom teeth, and the use of TMJ splints. For your comfort, we offer sedation dentistry as well. Our emergency dentistry is available on the day that you call us. Our dentist can truly serve all your dentistry needs.
At Richmond Dental, we can perform instant financing through PayBright. We also accept third-part payment plans like Health Smart, and our office will bill directly to your insurance so that you don’t have to worry about a thing. Call our team today if you have any questions about how we can best help you.
I hope all of you have been staying safe and doing well during the last few months. It has been a tough time for all of us, but I believe with our strong minds and hard work, we will be able to stay safe and get through this pandemic together. Since Canada has been doing quite well, I would like to announce that Beddington Dental started seeing patients since the week of May 5th for urgent dental needs, and our dentists will be able to provide all types of treatment by May 12thonwards. Richmond Dental in the SW will be open by June 1st and Sonata Dental in Airdrie will be open by June 8th. While all our dentists are allowed to provide full dental services to our patients, our hygiene team, however, is only allowed to perform limited procedures starting May 19. For example, teeth cleaning will be allowed with hand instruments only. The use of the ultrasonic Cavitron scaling machine is not allowed because it produces more saliva splatter than using only hand instruments. But don’t worry, our hygienists are still able to do a thorough cleaning with hand instruments.
I would like to inform you that even though our clinics have been closed for about 2 months, our team has never stopped working. Indeed we have been working around the clock to update our knowledge and understanding to keep abreast of the latest development of this pandemic. This scope of work covers anything from following up the government policy, our dental association and college’s regulations, and securing the medical equipment and supplies that are in high demand and suffering severe shortage around the world, etc. In addition, as some of you who have had urgent dental needs and did receive treatments and care from us in the past two months may already found out that we have never abandoned our patients’ needs throughout the lockdown. My cell phone has been made accessible to all our patients and from patients referred to us from other dental clinics for any dental emergencies. I wanted to make sure that people in our communities could still get access to basic dental needs during this pandemic.…
Personally I have been in constant communication with all other dental colleagues in our team to discuss the latest information available to us so that we can implement the safest measures, scientifically based, to our clinics.
As a dentist myself, I have been actively connecting to different dental groups nationwide and internationally through the internet on a daily and hourly basis in the last two months. I have been reading through all the ideas, discussions, and scientific researches posted in professional discussion groups such as Alberta Dentists Network (950 dentists), Vancouver Dental Professionals (3200 members), Toronto Dentists and Dental Specialists (1200 dentists), and an American dental network that comprised of more than 23,000 dental professionals, and among other international dental groups. After having gathered all the information and ideas, and after frequent discussions back and forth with some well-informed professionals, a highly comprehensive game plan has been custom designed to maximize the safety protection according to the settings of each of our clinics. This plan has incorporated a practical and safe approach for our staff and patients way beyond the guidelines that the Alberta Dental Association and College mandates. It has not been an easy task both intellectually and financially for us. However, strive for the best and the safest environment for our patients as well as our staff has always been my top priority. I am proud to announce here, with the hard work we have been able to secure all the necessary supplies and equipment that are in high demand everywhere around the world. Below are some of the details that I would like to share with you so you are aware of what to expect and how you will be protected when you come to our offices in the coming months.
1. Safety for our staff and our patients are our priority. Before we can see you in person, we will ask you some questions on the phone about your dental concerns. More importantly, we will ask you a short questionnaire to rule out any potential COVID-positive patients coming to toour clinics. Then we will give you some instructions about the physical distancing policy before you come into your appointments. Please try your best to abide by the rules. I advise you to book your appointments by phone or on our websites first instead of doing it in person.
2. Our clinics have installed many air purifiers. The ones that we purchased are some of the best quality and most powerful units in the market https://www.iqair.com/ca/commercial/compact-stand-alone-air-filtration/dental-series/buy
3. After extensive research, our clinics have implemented a new kind of disinfectant called Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) solution: it is a much more potent disinfectant towards viruses than bleach but harmless to any surfaces, with the negligible smell if there is any, and is even safe to ingest (not that you need to). Its use is approved by the FDA and Health Canada. All our treatment rooms will be sprayed and wiped thoroughly using this HOCl solution between appointments. Our waiting room, washrooms, staff room, and reception area, etc will be regularly sanitized with this HOCl Below is the video to show you how this HOCl was used by a dental clinic and an implant manufacturing facility in Korea where and when they were the epicenter of the Covid-19.
Here is some other industries adopting this solution as a disinfectant.
4. Special PPE (personal protective equipment):
Please don’t be alarmed when you see our clinical dental team wearing some extra protective masks and face shields and gowns while treating you in the rooms. They are required to provide extra protection to our staff and patients alike as mandated by the Alberta Dental Association and College. Just think about Star Wars
5. Sneeze Guards and wearing masks: We have incorporated some clear guards on the reception counter so please stand behind it when you are talking to our team at the reception desk. When you come to your appointments, please wear a mask. If you don’t have one on arrival, we will give you one to wear. You will be asked to wear the mask before and after you are seated in the dental chair.
Lastly, we want to take this opportunity to share with you our clinic vision statement: “A leading Dental Group that provides patients with high quality of professional skills, best customer service, and affordable means to access the most up-to-date dental treatments.”
Our team is looking forward to seeing you and I believe challenges and crises will only make us stronger and braver.
Meanwhile please stay safe and enjoy some quality time with your family, I am sure everyone is trying to make the best out of a very difficult situation. I, along with my team look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Lawrence Lai and Beddington, Richmond and Sonata Dental Team